We'll continue to post new student stories over the next month so visit us often!

“A Day In The Life” with Andrew Cody Part 2

09_Leaving

1. At 4:18 pm, it’s time to head home. I grab the stairs down from the 4th floor to get my legs moving after sitting all day. From here, we reverse the commute: 1 train uptown, shuttle from Times Square to Grand Central Station, and a northbound express up the Hudson Line. And again, I’ll open whatever assignment I can locally on my laptop, to prepare to post to Blackboard.

10_Training

2. The drive back home is often the worst of my commute with traffic building up. Once a week, I need to rush back home to change and meet my wife at the gym for our gym session with our trainer. As if the day wasn’t tiring enough, we’re put through 30 minutes of grueling training.

11_Lab

3. After training and I get back home to clean up, it’s time to catch up on more assignments. This semester, both courses are Information Systems. This night, I’m working on labs outlining network configurations.

12_Rangers

4. With such busy days, one of my escapes is to crack open a homebrewed beer and watch my New York Rangers. I often do so while continuing on some assignments, but ideally, I take a break from work and let the stress of the game take over. This time, however, I’m working on a new personal project.

This evening, the game was on the West Coast, so it didn’t end until after midnight. That means I take the intermissions to get my clothes and my meals for the next day together, so as soon as the final horn sounds, I get can right to bed. 6:00 am comes around real fast to do it all over again.