We'll continue to post new student stories over the next month so visit us often!

“A Day In The Life” with Andrew Cody Part 1

01_MorningParking

1. My alarm sounds at 6:00 am sharp, I’m out of my house by 6:22 am, and by 6:40 am, I’m parked at the Metro North train station on the Hudson Line. Here, I’ll grab the 6:46 am express to Grand Central Station.

02_TappanZee

1. About twenty minutes into the train journey, we pass under the Tappen Zee Bridge. You can actually see the new bridge that is currently being built as well.

03_TrainStudy

1. With such long commutes to and from work, I always crack open the week’s assignments on the train. This particular morning, I’m programming in Python for IS210, one of my requirements to fulfill my Information Systems minor.

04_1Train

1. At about 7:45 am, the Metro North train arrives in Grand Central Station and I head straight over to grab the shuttle to Times Square. From there, I’ll transfer to the downtown 1 train.

05_Arrive_Office

1. After nearly 1 hour and 45 minutes from first leaving my house, I am the first to arrive at SAE Institute New York, where I’m the National Marketing Manager for our U.S. operation.

06_Fika

1. Our National Marketing Team is just 4 people, so when we can, we often hold our weekly catch-up meeting at a local coffee shop. This time, it was at Fika on 7th Avenue, but Think Coffee is a common spot for us as well.

07_MerchShoot

1. And being such a small team, we typically step out of our normal roles. In our new project building merchandise stores for our campuses, I’ve become the resident merchandise model. My future in modeling doesn’t look too good, however, but it’s a fun change of pace.

08_AfternoonMeeting

1. It’s a requirement for marketing teams to live off of coffee. So here we are at an afternoon project meeting with refills. Dealing with spreadsheets, HTML, and marketing automation each day requires a constant flow of caffeine.